BSides Tallinn welcomes proposals in three tiers in 2022. Submissions with a hint to commercial product/service pitches will be kindly rejected and undercover marketing attempts will backfire. Check out each tier and submit proposals below.
CFP deadline: 2022-08-21 23:59 (GMT+2). All submissions should be entered at BSides Tallinn 2022 CFP site at https://pretalx.com. Read more about each tier by clicking the buttons below. Submissions will be reviewed by the CFP board led by Aigar Käis.
- Main track is for war stories from blueteamers as well as redteamers, research findings or tales that need to be told. Come and share your discoveries, lessons learned and fun had.
- 30 minutes per talk
- 6 talks in total
- Workshop track is your chance to sit down with a smaller bunch of dedicated audience to share practical hands-on skills related to security. Want to show how to harden Active Directory, teach how to break things, or throw a quick CTF? This is the tier to submit your proposal.
- 60 minutes per workshop (need more time? let us know)
- 4 workshops in total
- Student track is the perfect opportunity to make your first conference presentation in front of friendly audience. Tell about your thesis, research or your security hobby project. Submissions are only accepted from school/university/research institution email addresses.
- 20 minutes per talk
- 5 talks in total
Confused? Have a question?
Join the Slack and ask or write to email@example.com
One piece of feedback we got last year was that it would be great to see more of young and upcoming infosec enthusiasts at the event. We thought OK, challenge accepted!
First of all, we have a Student track. Submit your idea for a talk at the Student track and if you are among the speakers chosen by the program committee, you get free access to the event.
But that is not all! At BSides Tallinn 2022, we have a special Student Get-In-Free Program. The name says it all, doesn't it? With the program, 40 studentss access BSides Tallinn for free. It works like that:
- Thanks to Estonian Internet Foundation, we have 30 ticekts for students
- 5 super-rare OG ticket holders can now each bring in 2 students with full access
- Students interested in free access should register their name and we will select the lucky winners
How to apply for a free student ticket?
- Register your name and email via this form
- You can enter up to 500 characters of additional info. Write why we should choose you if we have more applicants than 40
- Deadline for registration is 2022-08-21 23:59 (GMT+2).
- We will announce free ticket winners on Sep 1st.
Can you submit both a talk proposal for the Student track and application for a free ticket via Student Get-In-Free Program? Yes, absolutely.
Register today and bring your friends!
Questions or need help? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Starch Press – the finest in geek entertainment – offers everyone attending BSides Tallinn 2022 some great surprises. Discover freebies and sweet deals at the event.
Wish to see your logo here? Ask for our Sponsor's Prospect via email@example.com.
After the successful first BSides Tallinn in 2021, the event will be back in Estonia. Mark your calendars for September 22 for BSides Tallinn 2022
What is BSides? It is a worldwide infosec event, organized by the local infosec community. BSides Tallinn is organized by a non-profit core-team, volunteers and sponsors. One distinguished element of all BSides events is that the talks on the stage are proposed by anyone and selected by a program committee consisting of local infosec gurus.
What is the content of BSides? Talks, presentations, demos, proof-of-concepts across a very broad spectrum of infosec topics. All of the content is proposed by community members – that is you! We encourage you to start thinking about presenting at BSides 2022, the call for papers (CFP) will open in the first months of the year. Final talks will be picked by a committee of professionals representing the organizers, private companies, academia, the state, freelancers.
Sponsors? Sponsors are a vital part of the community. We are open to a wide variety of collaboration ideas as long as we are on the common ground of keeping product pitches and commercial demos away from BSides stages and workshops. Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteers! Volunteering is an unique opportunity to gain experience in organizing high-interest community event, meet exciting people, peek behind the scenes and just have fun. email@example.com..
Code of Conduct
- Be open to new ideas and sharing
- Have fun
- Avoid having “fun” at the expense of others (spamming, trolling, harassing, the list goes on)
- Respect the privacy of others
- Protect everyones data
- Avoid conflicts of interest
- Don't be an asshole
- Be generally a nice person
In the end the organizers will define what is “being an asshole”. If you experience someone breaking the code of conduct, report it to the organizers via firstname.lastname@example.org.
BSides Tallinn 2022 is organized by:
call for papers, talks & workshops
finance, tickets, web
partners & sponsors
marketing, swag, volunteers
event & logistics